In a time where so much has been turned upside down and changes from day to day, we will do our best to keep you updated. Updates will appear on the top of this page, while keeping past information below. For now, read the following letter from our director:
Dear Bluewater Covenant Bible Camp Friends,
We have been praying for you, your families and communities during this pandemic. Bluewater is about gathering together and forming relationships with God to help transform our lives. We pray that there will be an opportunity to gather this summer.
Over the past several weeks, the Bluewater Staff and Executive Board have monitored the COVID-19 situation and observed the recommendations of the Governor, the Minnesota Department of Health and the CDC. We have had many conversations discussing different scenarios about what the summer could look like for all aspects of Bluewater. We remain committed to meeting our high standards of health and safety of our campers and staff, while providing the high quality programs you’ve come to expect.
However, due to government guidelines, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all “A” camps and retreats in June. We still hope to have camps in July and August dependent upon government guidelines starting with our Family Camp on July 3rd. Our concern is for the health and safety of our guests and employees and we will continue to monitor the CDC and state of Minnesota recommendations.
Furthermore, in order to give every age group an opportunity to be at camp, we have also made these changes to our camp schedule:
- Family Camp – July 3- 12th
- Scouts B- July 15-17
- Highlanders – July 20- 24th (Moved from June and Trailblazer A cancelled)
- Explorers B- July 27-31st
- Navigators B – August 3-7th
- Trailblazer B – August 10-13th
- Family Camp B- August 13-16th.
If you currently have a reservation in June camps, we will be sure to contact you with these options:
- Transfer your registration and deposit to the “B” camp in July or August. Your registration will have priority due to when it was received.
- Refund Policy: If we cancel your camp, then you will receive a full refund of the funds you paid. Or if you cannot attend the “B” camp offered, then you will receive a full refund. If you are fearful of attending camp because of the Coronavirus, then you will receive a full refund.
- Donate: Instead of taking your refund please consider making a donation to support the continued work of Bluewater Covenant Bible Camp.
Simply email email@example.com to let us know of any decisions you make. Your refund will be processed back to the credit card you used or you will be mailed as a check if you paid by check. If you are able to donate your reservation fee rather than request a refund, we would be grateful. However, please do what is best for your family during these crazy, uncertain times.
If government restrictions create a maximum occupancy limit, the date we have received the registration will be the determining factor.
In the meantime, let’s all be praying for each other’s safety and for opportunities to share the Good News of Jesus in the midst of confusion and fear. God may be using this virus to prepare you to Overflow God’s love and mercy onto the community around you. Know that we are praying for all of you and look forward to seeing you at camp.
Loving Life Because He Is Life,
Chadwick Persons, Camp Director