1) When is check-in/check-out?
Youth camp check-in is from 1:00-1:30 and check-out is from 12:30-1:00
2) How much money should I send with my camper?
- Our canteen is open twice a day and items are between $1.00-$2.00.
- Our camp store has items ranging from T-shirts ($12.00) to Sweatshirts ($40.00) and some items in between.
- Our craft cabin is open daily and items range from $.50 to $2.00.
- We sell a picture DVD with all the pictures and videos from the week at the end of the week for $10.
- Our missions fund is a great way to give, and an offering is taken at the end of each week.
3) Can my child bring a cell phone?
No, cell phones are not allowed. We collect them at check-in. If they are not handed in during check-in and we find it later in the week, a $25 donation to our missions fund is required to get the phone back. In the event that a camper needs to get in touch with a parent/guardian, they are able to use the phone in our camp office.
4) How should I send medications with my child?
We collect medications during check-in. Please make sure dosage is legible on the container and please write further instructions if needed. Our administrative assistant distributes the medication to each camper as directed by the dosage instructions. We have basic medical supplies in our First Aid Room. Campers are encouraged to bring sunscreen and bug spray as you see fit.
5) What should I send for bedding/towels/etc.?
Campers sleep on bunk beds with single mattresses. You can send either a sleeping bag or bedding for single bed. Campers will need a pillow and a towel as well.
6) Can I send mail to my camper?
Absolutely! We deliver mail to campers at supper each night. Note that it may take an extra day to be delivered to camp so it is a good idea to send your mail before your camper comes to camp. Also, since our mail arrives around 2:00 pm, campers do not receive mail that arrives on their departure day. This is another reason to send it early! If you wish to email your camper, send an e mail to office(at)bluewatercovcamp.org with his/her name in the subject line. We will print it off and deliver it to the camper. Please limit emails to one per day.
If your question is not answered here, send us an email. We will update this list with more questions as we receive them. More information is available in our Parent Information Letter, including more information about some of the questions listed above.